1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like him, Is one of my really good friends gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by popper6890, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popper6890

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so I'm a closeted bisexual. I like this guy, we'll nickname him Bob I guess lol. Anyway I suspect that he might be gay and like me, but I'm not sure. This may be long... escape while you can!! Haha you have been warned.

We're both 16, and I've known him since we were in 7th grade. So this year I decided to stop being so introverted and try and see if he liked me... much harder than I thought lol. Mind you, we are good friends. So I started with long eye contact which was a success whoop whoop, and we (though he was more into it than me) became more touchy feely with me even though he seems to be touchy feely with a lot of people. I just see that it is more with me (or just wishful think, who knows lol)

Why I think he likes me:
    •he likes to touch my chest and sides. He will rub and squeeze my chest quickly or haphazardly sometimes (daily), he has pinched and rubbed my nipples before. Also he seems to enjoy tickling me and touching me sides.
    •he will look me in the eyes very often (though lately I have been pulling away more because I get self conscious). We used to made facial expressions at each other, but lately he'll lick his upper lip.
    •he likes giving me hugs. He started with hugging me for uncomfortably long times (still does), he has hugged me from behind a few times (once with someone in front of me like a 3 way hug, and other few times when we play fight). Last week he layed his head on my shoulder while we hugged, and later that day hugged me so close that my right left was between his crotch and vice versa.
    •I think I have caught him looking at my *** and another guys *** (we'll talk about him later).
    •On more than a few occasions when he tries to get around me, he held his hand at the bottom of my back right above my butt.
    •He likes to annoy me. He used to have me chase or fight him for stuff. Now he writes on my paper or spreads one of his arms over most my desk.
    •He called me gay. He never called me gay until a few weeks ago, but never during our "games". He'll call me by a gay person's name, randomly say to me "(my name) is gay" or write on my paper "gay".
    •I have a nickname that a friend made for me, referencing to my butt (I've been told I have a nice butt, I'm a track runner, but honestly his is better). He is the only person, besides her, that occasionally calls me that.
    •He sat on my feet twice as "punishment" for putting my feet on his chair.
    •One he was biting my pen once. When I got home I forgot and bit the pen too. I told him, and he said almost smiling "I am in you, my saliva is now in your mouth".
    •last he let's me touch him. Grabbing his chest, legs, stomach, occasionally arms.

Why I don't think he likes me/or is gay:
    •He seems to think a bit negatively of gays.
    •He messes with everybody (physically) though not to the level we do. The guy I said that Bob look at his *** is the closest, they hug a lot, not as long as ours. He did the lip lick thing with him. That is about it lol. That dude is surely straight though.
    •On facebook he is always liking pics of sexy girls (I should know, I like them too haha).
    •He never talks to me on facebook unless I start it, though i can make our conversations a bit suggestive.
    •I see when he looking at a hot girl walking past.
    •When I wanted to have some fun, we had eye contact again and he licked his lips. I made a quick kiss movement with my lips. He gave me a weird “thats a lil too much" face, however later that day he gave me that extremely close hug I was talking about.
    •He doesn't always talk to me, and sometimes prefers to be with friends (our mutual friends)
    • A few times has pulled away from if I touch him for a long time, not often though.
    • He seems oblivious to EVERY suggestive remark on facebook to me liking him or my attraction to him.
    •also we don't have a lot in common.
    • Sometimes he acts a bit indifferent, it seems to depend on the class.

Recently in class (free day) he sat in the desk and I sat on the rail of his desk. I was almost leaning on him. I put my arm over his chest. About ten times he had laid and rubbed his head on my arm (almost looked like cuddling to me). Later that day, when school was almost done he kind of shook his butt on my butt (this was unmistakable). The day after (today) he seemed frustrated and wouldn't talk to me until 5th period. In 5th though, I talked to him and sometimes and the times that I did I put my hand on his mid thigh and under his thigh, squeezing his leg every so often. He didn't back away. Also when he turned away from (to talk to someone else) I left my knee touching his butt. Again no reaction. But in our last class he seemed a bit mad at me (I guess because two of these girls were messing with me and touching me, but that could be wishful thinking) and he didn't stay after school to help out in the hallway like he told me earlier.

What do you guys think? What should I do to find out without exposing myself?

2. popper6890

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The next time he makes what seems to be a "gay" move and you two are alone, ask him if he is gay. If he says yes, ask him if he is attracted to you. If he says yes, then, decide if you are interested in him and act accordingly. If he says no to either question, assume he is just goofing around unless he gets more blatant about his behavior.

You have already responded to some of his moves with moves of your own, so he may already have assumed you are gay or bisexual, and is just waiting for you to make the next move. You might want to think about what your answer will be if he asks you if you are gay also; are you ready to out yourself to him if he outs himself to you?

4. GayNerd

The next time you two are alone, you should ask him if he is gay. If he says yes, and if he is attracted to you, well then everything will work out good. Same if he's bisexual.

Now, he could be liking the Facebook pictures on Facebook to make it seem like he is straight. Same as the other reasons why he may not be gay.

Also, he may ask you if you are gay. You'd have to come out to him if you want a relationship with him.

If he isn't gay or bisexual, at least you have a great friend who may be a little touchy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I hope this helps. :smilewave

5. Data

Data Guest

I agree. If you have a safe moment, go for it.

I know there are some people that are very physical, but he seems to love to touch you. HAHAHAHA

If you feel like it, ask him if he is gay or bisexual. Decide which one is more likely. Then ask him. If he says "What? No! Are you?" then say yes. If he sees that you are bisexual, he might do a 180 and admit it. He might think you are intruding or accusing first, but if you come out to him and he was bluffing, he may double back and tell you the truth.

If he is, I think you'd have yourself a boyfriend. If not, oh well. It was worth a shot right?

6. popper6890

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey you guys. Thanks for all the advice. A lot has changed since I made that post, but before I get imto that I want to respond to some of yall comments. First, we are never alone. We have nearly all the same classes, but some class we are closer to each other than others. The closest we have gotten toalone time is when he asked me to go to the restroom before lunch onetime (i stupidly declined because I was starving), and another time when we coincidentally went to the restroom at the samerime. He had this flirty look when he openned the door, but someone had to be taking a shit when we walked inside(btw I wasnt hopibg for sex). Anyways, the other option is that I could talk to him in creole abour it, but im just learning and eventhough he understands it, he always answers in english. Plus I am to nervous to do it in person.

Anyway, before I go one, I should give yall a background explanation. I wrote a poem, and sent it to abunch of people(including him) and said one of the people who got it, is the person it is meant for. Hi made it clear that it was a love poem, and said to everybody "if you think it is for you, then tellme". He asked if it was for him (over facebook, this whole thing isover facebook). I asked him why he thought it was for him, and he said he was joking, but then said he wanted to be the first to know who th e person is. (btw he just texted right now, heart is racing but ill finish this first). He joked and siad it was for him but I denied because it was in public.

Anyway, so now (afew weeks later) on wednesday night I facebooked him, telling him it was for him. He waslike a bit surprised. I got the impression that he thought I was joking, so I told him that. And he said hedoea think im joking. It took a while but I seemingly convinced him. Then to relax the mood I told him thag I think he likes a girl, and he said that she was just a friend.

The nextmorning at school, he seemed a bit distant to everybody. before the bell rang, he came to where I usually hang out (he usually doesnt) but didnt say a word. In 4th (another free period) is his still distant, and I didnt say a word to him. Then got up to put his phine in the charger right beind me. He unnecessarrily sticks his butt out, touching my head. Then rubs his butt on my shoulder while waljing to his seat. I pretend to be annoyed, be say something. All I heard was "you have" a lot that I didnt understand, then "booty". In 5th, it was awesome. We sat closer than usualy face eaxh other with our legs toyching. He tickled my knee, I touched his leg. Then when I turned to him he pulled his gym pants up, expising his upper thighs, and pulled gis shirt up showing his abs. I pretended to be slightly annoyed by that but I loved it. Might I mention that eye contact was intense. Then in 6th, he folloed me around this time. And when I had to share a seat with this girl, he looked at mybutt area and remarked that I shoukd get up because half my butt was iff the seat.

Later over facebooj, I tld him that I was serious about the poem. He said "sure" like he didnt believe me. I told him im trying to be honest. he told me to explain how it was meant for him. So I did and he saud "what are you trying to say?". I got super fustrated and siad that I am trying to tell yoy without telling you, why are yoy making it so diff%cult. Then he said "duhh" and I asked whyis he doing that. And she says "cuz he wants the answer". Then I say that he knows what the poem means alreadt, and goes on to pretending like he doeant know what we were talking about.

So Friday, I ignore him becayse I was so embareased. Im sure he knew, but the fact that he was prying and did not give me an aswer made me so shy around him. I stayed away for half the day. Before the bell rang for 5th he tried to dance with me and give me a weirdly positioned hug, but I acted nonchalant. I didnt look him in the eye. He made a joke about me seeing a naked dude and liking it durectly to me. No one else heard, but I just looked away. The rest of the da, ignored his touchesand went in depressed mode when he was around, even when did some stuff to get my attention.at the end of the day, before the finl bell, some people asked me what was wrong. He grabbed my left cheek then right cheek, and rubbed his hand under my chin (he starting rubbing my chin a week ago agter he noticed a game I play with my ex crush. She likes to swipe my chin, so I do it back to her). E then took m erphone and asked "whats wrong miah?" (that is a family nickname for me for me that he decided to adopt a few weeks ago). I ignored him a/d put my earphone back in. so now he just texted me. Do you giys have any opinions, and what should I do?

7. nothereanymo

Ok, so I know this post is really old, but what did he text you? I'm curious!! ahah
    But how did it end up though?

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is an old thread. The chances that the original poster is going to come back and provide an answer are slim as the OP hasn't been online in almost a year. :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.