1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my mother..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jalen, Oct 24, 2013.

1. jalen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have told my closest friend that I am gay and she is fully supportive and has promised not to tell anyone else. I'm not going to be "in people's faces about it" I just want to let the closest people in my life know, others can find out just by me being in a relationship with a guy.

I'm certain that my mom knows I am gay because even I've always known I was different since I was like 5. She's even told me that she would love me no matter what and has asked me, but I got angry and said no just because I wasn't ready to admit it to myself. But even though she has openly said she would love me and support me, I know that she is against gay marriage and what not.. She says she's not against gays though. It sends me mixed signals to how she would really react if I came out to her..

I want to tell her, but I'm just not sure how. I'm scared..

2. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel. Your mom may not be supportive of gay marriage, but that does not mean she will not support you. My mom is very like yours. She would accept and love me no matter what, but she isn't totally pro-gay either. If you are not ready to tell her, just wait. Eventually, you will get this feeling, and you will know the time is right.

But if you want to come out now, that's cool too:slight_smile: