1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusednafraid, Oct 24, 2013.

1. confusednafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Iv been struggling to suppress my gender identity issues since i was very young and I dont want to do it any more but I dont feel confident enough because I already know most of my friends have negative oppinions on the subject. I would really appreciate any advice offered :icon_sad:

2. mvjp

do what you need to do to be happy and always be true to yourself the people who are worth worrying about will stand by you and if they dont you always have us

personally i was too scared to do my coming out face to face so i did it via text which worked out really well as it gave everyone (including me) a bit of space to process things

good luck - peace

3. confusednafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the input, I think coming out via text might help with some people.

4. GayNerd

Coming out without being able to see the person's reaction in-person would be best. You can take more time to think about what to say back. Also, if people don't want to be friends with you anymore, don't worry, because they weren't worth your time. If your friends really care about you, they'll understand and help you through this.

5. confusednafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its not so much losing friends that worries me as it is the potential for violent reactions( unfortunately where I live people for the most part have homophobic attitudes and this includes some of my friends