1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Thoughts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedVines, Oct 25, 2013.

1. RedVines

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sup Everyone, so I posted on this forum a while ago telling people advice on how to come out and how its just soo fantastic haha.... So I came out about 9 months ago, everyone knows, everyone still loves me and no one has changed their mind. I still do all the same things, and my parents don't really see me any differently. I'm not flamboyant, I still do everything from working on cars with buddies, workout everyday, even go to church with my dad. The problem im having now is I can't accept that I'm gay. I hate it and its eating me up inside. Im a sophmore at a school that accepts LGBT with open arms, my family loves me and all my friends from home to here love me. I don't have any gay friends, personally I just dont share much in common. But everyday I keep second guessing myself thinking if I try hard enough I can turn straight. Even though I have no one to let down, I feel like im such a disappointment. I am so blessed and I have so many gifts but I feel like me being gay is ruining everything. I have been with guys but they never last more than a few weeks because im so disgusted with myself I just vanish basically. Is anyone else going through this, can you provide some insight and just let myself accept myself. I hate it so much I work out till I forget about it, and picked up smoking again, and even drink just before I go to bed. My best guy friends try and help me so much but I can't get it into my skull, they are the straightest guys I know and they care about me so much, I just can't stop thinking about it though. I want and NEED to find a fix so I can stop worrying my friends and family. Basically im desperate at this point to find a solution.

2. LD579

You cannot find any good solution to denying your sexuality. It's the perhaps-harsh truth, but it really would be best to work on accepting yourself as opposed to finding a fix and 'turning' yourself straight, if that's what you meant. As many can attest to, it doesn't work, and makes things for the worse for everyone involved.

To start, what's so bad about being gay? Could you elaborate on those reasons? I'll tell you now that it's just one aspect of you that's no more or less good than being heterosexual.