1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a boy likes you

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mjarnold3, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Mjarnold3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i like this guy and we hang out and stuff, but i dont know if he is gay or not. We share icees at school and stuff and he talks to me more than his other friends.

I was wondering how i could ask him out without it being awkward.

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Suffocation

If you share food with him, he's definitely gay. That's like a little weird to say but it's true. If two straight guys aren't extremely close they don't share food. Maybe that's just my experiences, but like I share food with a lot of girls, (some) not guys.

One day when you are with him eating an ice together, make some eye contact and smile and just tell him, " You know, I really like you." (don't over exaggearate but make sure you smile really big and be really happy and STARE into his eyes and giggle a little bit as you say this) and then hopefully it picks off from there because he seems interested. Good luck <3

- make sure you guys are alone when this happens. just the two of you ~

3. Werbinich

Hang out with him (and only him) a bit more and do the things that a couple usually do on dates...only not making it sound like a date. Something would happen, one day if he likes being alone with you.

(Sorry for the ambiguity)

Hugs, and Good Luck!

4. lukeluvznicki13

I don't think that just because they share food that he is gay...

Perhaps first trying to find out whether he is gay or not. Because if you immediately go into flirting and all, he may be taken aback and almost freaked out! Bring up the latest LGBT related news that you heard about and see how he reacts. Also just try observe his mannerisms, interests etc as they also give you a sign of whether he could be gay or not.

If he does turn out to be gay then perhaps being a bit flirtatious will help. But take it slowly, he may still be unsure about his sexuality and flirting and that so soon might put him off.

5. Werbinich

Nope, some of my friends share food with ALL of their friends...It depends, really

6. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I must also refute this.

I cannot *not* share food, especially if someone doesn't have it.

Who they are is totally irrelevant. If they don't have food, how can I not share?

7. Werbinich

Hmm, second thought. I think by sharing Mjarnold3 meant you lick the ice cream, then I lick the ice cream then you lick the ice cream...not I share my food with you because you're poor and hungry and I pity you...hmm.

8. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There a huge difference between:

"We share an ice cream"
    "We share food."

I just thought it best to clarify. Although, I would share an ice cream with close male friends personally.

9. prettybit4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the same problem. My crush is just so reclusive, not talkative at all so that means it's hard to tell whether he's gay or not. I live in Asia where dating is frowned upon, we have this culture and all that. And he's never had any crushes on girls or whatever. It's haard.