1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LunaBounds, Oct 28, 2013.

1. LunaBounds

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always kinda knew that I preferred women to men but... I tried to lie to myself for a long time and had a chain of several extremely unsuccessful relationships because of it. I just recently came to terms with it when I met this girl who was so open about it all. I've only told my two closest friends, one of them doesn't even live in this state, but I don't know where to start when it comes to telling everyone else... Do I come out to my friends first? my family? counselor? my drama club? I'm completely at sea. What do I do? I'm really scared that when I tell my friends that don't know me as well, they'll find it creepy or gross and start treating me differently. As for my family, I know my mom would be cool, but my grandma has this whole view on people that they choose to be gay to opt out of real relationships because it's easier to be gay. I don't know what she would tell me if I came out to her, but not telling anyone is really adding a lot of stress to my normal day. What do I do?

2. lovely lesbian

Hi! First of all come out to who you know will support you and be there because you need that support system around you don't need come out to everyone at once just think who you want to tell first and just breathe it is difficult and really hard but you will get there if your friends are real friends they will support you and don't put pressure on yourself and take your time don't rush it good luck xxx

#2 lovely lesbian, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  3. LunaBounds

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much. That actually does make me feel a lot better.

4. lovely lesbian

Welcome glad I could help x