1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of a loved one

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 7, 2008.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

I just found out like 5 minutes ago that my old nieghbor, Billy, died. she was 95yrs old but she was like a grandmother to me more than either of my grandmothers are. its a really hard loss. i knew she was dying for a while but we couldn't make it out to see her since they moved her to a home two hours away. i wished i could have seen her again. this is just so sudden and such a shock. :tears: also my other grandmother has heart failure and not long to live. i'm not too close to her but its still sad. i was expecting a funeral but not from Billy. :tears: gosh... i really don't know what to do now...

2. Steam Giant

Oh (*hug*) I'm so sorry about your loss, Morgan! (*hug*) I know she meant a lot to you, and it's never easy to let go of someone you care for. Just know that her suffering is over now. She's led a long and full life, and was blessed to have you involved in it. I know that's not much consolation, and I'm really sorry for your loss (*hug*)

3. I'm sorry for your loss (*hug*). It appears she had a long (and hopefully happy) life, but its still sad for all those she leaves behind.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm sorry Morgan. Since she didn't have a funeral, how about getting a helium balloon and writing one of your poems for her and then send it up to her. I think this would be a terrific way to say goodbye to her and remember the good times you had with her.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandmother is 98, and presumably has very little time left. But I'm resigned to it. I've told her everything I need to, she knows how important she's been to me, and she's thanked me for all I've done. I know one of the times I go to see her will end up being the last, and when it happens, I'll remember what a great person she was, and thank her again for helping make Lex Lex. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. MeskElil

I'm sorry for your loss.
    It is sad that it was fairly sudden for you...I know what it's like to lose someone close to you. But the trick to not being so upset over loss (I've found) is to having a memory or a trinket (or both) to remember them by. I have a cross necklace that was my grandmother's. Ever since the day she died, I wear it every day. I don't really have many memories of her past the eight months she was in the hospital before she died (she was a very sick woman...I believe she was 65 when she died), but I have this one memory of when I was very little and I sat on the floor in front of her as she read to me from the Bible. She was such a religious woman. That is honestly the only good memory I have of her, but it's the one I remember when I put on that cross every morning.
    Remember the good times with Billy (because it sounds like you had many of them). It is hard, but remember that she is always there with you, and is always watching over you.
    (*hug*) And remember that I'm here for you, and all of EC is here for you, too.