1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out to my extended family?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by person57, Oct 29, 2013.

1. person57

So I am out to everyone except to my Extended family. I want to come out to them, but I really don't have the chance to because I don't see all of them. The people that I see the most often are my uncle and grandparents. I usually see everyone else 1,2, and sometimes 3 times a year. I'm friends with a few of my extended family on facebook, but I don't want to announce it over facebook. In my profile, where it says what I'm interested in, it says I'm interested in Men. But I don't think they'll look at my profile randomly. So what should I do?

2. sammy1

Just wait for the right time and setting to come along is really all u can do I think

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2013 at 09:53 PM ----------

And if u don't see them too often I wouldn't worry bout it too much. For example, I rarely see my uncle or my cousins so I really don't think I would ever feel the need to say somthing like 'hey guess what I like women' I don't really see the point. But that's just me :slight_smile:

3. person57

Okay :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2013 at 10:27 PM ----------

So I decided to change my out status to out to everyone because I'm out to everyone I know and I'm going to come out to my extended family when I see them! I might message some of them through facebook! :slight_smile:

4. sammy1

Ok just don't rush it, if you feel uncomfortable then just give it some more time :slight_smile: