1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is/was anyone else anxious about being outed?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MaryMyers, Oct 30, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm in my early twenties and am a lipstick lesbian, to the point where people don't expect (or believe) that I'm homosexual.

I have begun coming out to my uni friends and even my mum, who are all accepting of me. However, this weekend I am going to a party with old friends from high school, and I'm a bit anxious as to how they will react. I have told a couple of them that I was dating a girl earlier this year, but I haven't told the rest (although those two probably spread the word through the group). I've been talking to one of my friend's younger sisters again recently and she used to date a girl and needed my advice/support, she knows all about my love/sex life and I guess I think she may make a big deal out of my sexuality at the party (I'm not interested in her, by the way).

I guess I want people to know the truth, but I have known these people for several years and it'll be so weird telling them/talking to them about it.

Any thoughts/words of advice/personal stories?

2. biggayguy

I came out to my Christian high school friends on FB. Most of them were like it was no big deal. A couple of them tried to get me to renounce my sinful lifestyle. There were a few heated words but it blew over eventually. Most of them are still my friends.