1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Anonymous

I want to come out to my best friend. I really want somebody to talk to about everything that's going on.
    Problem #1:I just moved across country, so i can only talk to her over video chat and email.
    Problem #2: My biggest fear is that she will react negatively, or think I have a crush on her (thus ruining our friendship).

2. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're not sure what her views on this topic are (and thus fear a negative reaction), you could try to carefully talk to her about it (without really coming out yet, just homo/bisexuality in general) to see how she would react.
    Does she react negatively to that? then it might not be a good idea to come out, if she doesn't mind or even react positively (which happens), then you should consider it.
    Of course it's not guaranteed to go well, but at least it might give you a little more confidence.
    If you really feel like coming out to someone, and you feel that he/she is likely to be accepting and that you are ready, you should go for it. :slight_smile:
    Best of luck!
    Aaron.