1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PookaciousOne, Nov 2, 2013.

1. PookaciousOne

I'm a 45 year old guy who just came out as bisexual in the last couple of weeks.It seems that in the last week I can't stop talking about it to people who know.At the advise of a friend of mine who is also bisexual I have pulled back on coming out to anyone else for at least the time being.
    Its just that I can't stop thinking about it or wanting to talk about it.Is that weird?

2. Jessica79

Its perfectly normal ^_^ Its better to talk than bottle stuff up when I came out as transgender to people I constantly talked about feminine stuff (Clothes, Shoes, ECT) :3

3. PookaciousOne

Thanks for sharing.Its funny you mention clothes and shoes.I haven't talked about those subjects but I do think about how I want to make myself look and feel better. I really want to join Crossfit.Working overtime to get caught up and ahead on my bills.

4. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I do the same. Im recently openly pan and I am forever talking about cute girls, boys, people. I think it might be a reaction to the time i spent in the closet. I don't think you should wait you would be surprised on the amount of supportive people in the world and its easier just to get it all over with

5. Mr Bubbles

I think it's normal to want to keep talking about it. I just came out to three people yesterday, and I can't stop talking/thinking about it so I would I say it's normal.

6. PookaciousOne

Yeah I can see that. I came out to one of my cousins and she told me both her and her boyfriend are bisexual. Last night I came out to a friend of mine and she also told me she is bisexual.I feel a confidence I have never had since opening up about my bisexuality

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I started coming out to people I went on and on about it with them. It's normal I think.

8. Sully

Just be careful how much you talk about it. One if my friends (who I'm no longer friends with) lost HEAPS of friends in school because practically every conversation with him just turned into him being gay. The fact of the matter is, most people don't really give a shit about sexuality and the topic is boring, like, we get you're oil it straight, get over it we don't care!

In the end it became unbearable.

Just a warning.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, it's natural. I think for the first couple months after I came out as trans, I was obsessed about gender and my transition. Just be careful. Sully raises a good point, it's all about balance. You're a person besides your gender and sexuality, so don't forget you've got a life once the novelty of being out wears thin. :slight_smile:

10. sammy1

I am out to four friends (didn't happen all at the same time I came out to them individually with a couple years in between each of them) and I personally don't speak a word of myself being gay or homosexuality in general unless one of my friends decide to bring the topic up. I feel like I would just make my friends bored as fuck with the topic or annoy them if I talked about it to them.

11. Lipstick Leuger

You are perfectly normal. It will pass. Don't worry, you have just let others know something important about you and your life,. Soon, you won't want to talk about it anymore.

12. Sully

I'm the exact same, I'd love to have a good talk about it but none of friends seem interested. And the one who has a genuine interest, I didn't know he did :/