1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bluepirate, Nov 3, 2013.

1. bluepirate

So, its entirely possible I'm over thinking this.

About a month ago I was at a party, got drunk and told my 2 closest friends that I'm gay. The thing is...I'm not sure if they remember (there was a lot of drinking...) because neither of them have said anything about it since. I am nervous to mention anything gay in case they don't.

Its also possible they just didn't take it seriously because I've dated several guys in the past. Or they just feel awkward about bringing it up.

I really have no idea! Any advice for how to proceed?

2. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, do you want to be out to them? If so, maybe just hint at it. like: "Hey, do you remember that party? What I said that night?". If you don't want to come out, maybe just don't talk about it again, or, if they mention it, brush it of with "I was drunk".

3. bluepirate

Yes i do want to be out to them

4. Zeevie

Well, because you want to be out to them, I would do what TheMailman said and mention it subtly. If they don't seem to be catching on, or you think they don't remember/didn't take you seriously, and you really want them to know, I would come out to them again. Maybe sit them both down and just broach the subject of that night and expand on it. :slight_smile: