1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The only person that's keeping me from coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AnonymousForeve, Nov 3, 2013.

1. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is the one I'm financially dependent on (my dad). I cannot live with my mother because she barely makes enough money to support herself, let alone one of her children. My parents got a divorce about 8 or so years ago. Anyway, almost everyone in my household is accepting (or simply tolerant) or homosexuals except him. I have absolutely no idea how he'd react and I'm afraid of what might happen. I'd hate to be sent to some bullshit Christian place where people try to control your life with fairy tales and I'd have no idea what to do if I was just kicked out of my house instead. Do you guys have any advice for me? I know I should wait until I can support myself, but it's going to take a long time before I can even consider moving out (I'm in my junior year at college, but I still have to go through grad school).

2. GayNerd

Do you have any older siblings who you would be able to move in with? It could work if the older sibling is willing to let you.