1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post: Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gayburry, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Gayburry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well this is it! I have finally given in. I have decided to join a gay teen forum! I am a 13 year old boy from England and to sum it up, I am Gay!! I have probably known since I was about 10 years old as I started getting attractions to men! I found this normal, I just thought it happened to all boys starting to hit puberty. I didn't like it, I couldn't help it though! I ended up telling myself that it was just a phase that I was going through and soon enough I was going to be with a girl. But to be honest the only girls I'm with are my friends, I seem more comfortable around them! Now I have started high school I have realised that it wasn't just a phase, it was who I am! I knew quite a few gay people but I never wanted to be gay myself, I felt as if I wasn't normal. As I am becoming a teenager and maturing I have started to be proud of who I am! I love boys not girls and that is how I was born and I cannot change that! I would say that I am quite camp and all my life people have called me gay and I just took it and laughed it off while denying it when really I knew that I was gay. I have only told three people, all of which are gay/bi boys, 2 of which hadn't come out but they did tell me, they were not very helpful to be honest! I have recently been talking to a boy who is 2 years older than me who is gay and has come out and he has told me just to be true to who I am! All of this hasn't really helped me and I would love some support and advice from guys who have come out and guys still in the closet!!
    Many thanks

2. bscott92

Good for you! You've taken the first step. Once you can admit it to yourself, it becomes easier to admit it to other people. It may take some time though. I found that I really needed to become comfortable with myself before I would be comfortable with telling other people. But I have learned that the more comfortable I am with it, the more comfortable they seem to be. So take it as slowly as you need to.

3. RainbowMan

You've definitely taken a good, brave first step. The first step is admitting to yourself who you are, being proud of that, and realizing that it's not abnormal or weird.

I think that you'll find after this point, everything is going to become so much easier for you - I know it did for me.

4. Gayburry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank your for your reply!! I feel comfortable in myself now which will hopefully make coming out a lot easier now!!! :slight_smile::slight_smile:

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2013 at 03:52 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply! I hope it will go well for me as well!!! :slight_smile::slight_smile: