1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not entirely sure if I just came out or not ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Soillse, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So a male friend was jokingly hitting on me while we were with another friend. I often sort of joke about being gay but am non-committal about it so I said, trust me, you have one thing that makes you not my type, it took him a while but he got what I meant so he said oh yeah I forgot. To which I asked him what he meant and he said I told him already, my other friend said the same but I swear I never told them before. So I said, what if I'm not, what if I'm just joking and they said they'd be mad because I lied to them. Then they asked if I was actually gay or not and by that point they'd confused me so much that I didn't know anymore. So eventually I said that I was 99.9% sure I was a lesbian but they'd confused me to the point where I actually didn't know anymore. So I think I just came out to 2 people? I really don't know. Since the two biggest gossips in my school were right in front of us for this and I don't know how much they heard, I might have inadvertently came out to the whole school. Also when asked about my sexuality this morning I refused to say either way and someone I sort of half told yesterday shouted "You're kidding? You're a lesbian now too?" across the bus so now I really don't know how many people know. I thought coming out would be less confusing than this? Or am I just over-complicating things? :confused:

2. leer

I would say that maybe some of your friends have got the message loud & clear but I think you coud be stressing a little about the outcome really unlikely the whole school knows .