1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am suppose to get over it....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Half-Light, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Half-Light

okay, here it goes...

i know this guy, whom i still love...alot...but he doesnt want anything with me at all...becuase its "wrong"...i can't go inot full detail, but i fell in love with him, and it seemed he loved me for awhile, but now he wants me to get over him and i just can't. What should i do to help get over him?

i dont know what to do, and i am desperate. this guy had me going and then wanted to dump it all.

2. tired_of_lying411

I have ZERO expertise in this area... so all I can do is (*hug*)

Hope it all works out.

3. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he doesn't want to proceed, there's nothing you can do. Sorry, hun.

What you can do now is look forward, lick your wounds and keep your eyes peeled for someone who can reciprocate your feelings.

Just a shot from the hip here, but it sounds to me as though he's a bit afraid of the feelings he may have. I don't mean to get your hopes up. Whether or not this is the case, pursuing him, I think, would not be the best for you.

I think we've all, at one point, experienced unrequited love. I am sorry to say, it doesn't get much easier with each time. But with time you begin to recognise those with whom you haven't a chance, or at least those who are emotionally unavailable.

4. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

I have to agree with LL... Relationships are two way streets and we seem to make it harder on ourselves if we chase down the ones that don't work... Find a new person to enjoy time with.. It'll work out even if you are hurting now... I know that is easier said than done but it works... REALLY...

Good luck..

5. CatamiteAngel

This has happened to me alot (alot). Sometimes, people cling to unreciprocated relationships because they like the tragic feeling of them... I'm assuming that's not your case ^^;. The only psychologically unsound but sometimes useful advice that I can give you is what works for me... foster a new crush. Don't tell anyone about it. Having a secret crush does sort of distract you.

By all means, if he's asked you to stop your attentions, respect him and his wishes! Avoid him if that's what it takes. If being around him and being friends is too painful for you, you might have to give yourself a restraining order, for a little while at least. People change, and he might not even be the same person when you see him again.