1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bandgeekforever, Jun 9, 2008.

1. bandgeekforever

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I feel like a really big newbie but I'm planning on asking this guy out this weekend and, well, it would be my first date with a guy and I'm just wondering if anyone has some good ideas for a first date. He's super nice and I want it to go well. Anyways, any suggestions?

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first off I'm assuming he's gay as well? Asking a straight guy on a date would be a bad idea. Lol. Umm the only advice I can give is stay calm and definitely be yourself. Don't pretend being someone you're not, let him see your true self and most of all have fun and be happy. :slight_smile: I know it's not much, but you'll be a little nervous (as I'm sure he'll be) but try to relax and have a great time! :thumbsup:

3. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe go see the most popular movie at the moment. Which is ummmmmm....*Forgets*

4. Poring

Kung Fu Pandaaaaa

5. Jim1454

It depends on how well you want to get to know him... seeing a movie doesn't allow you to talk much to one another. But at the same time, it's an easy 'first date' thing, just to get over the fact that you've actually gone on a date with another guy!

Otherwise, you might just want to grab a bite to eat, go biking or blading or just for a walk. Go to harbourfront or center island for the day.

Either way - good luck. Have a good time!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found that the best first date is one that centers around some sort of activity. Batting cages, bowling, minature golf, things like that. That way, you have something else to focus on (the activity) instead of feeling self-conscious and not knowing what to talk about.

Lex

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As said above, be yourself, relax and try having a good time. I would follow the above suggestion, grabbing something to eat, going for a walk or doing an activity together which allows you talk to him and start getting to know him.