1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the right reason for coming out to Mum?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wardrobe93, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Wardrobe93

Hey,

so, I wrote a letter in August to my Mum and for certain reasons she never read it and i ended up hiding it because I chickened out :S

Recently, I've felt so.... AARGHH as well as dealing with sexuality i sort of started a relationship with someone ive met online (not actually met yet) and recently theres been a few rough patches where i just need someone to talk to! Actually speak to not type!

I know my mum loves me and I know she'll probs be fine but the thing that stopped me is i guess I'm just afraid of the change :frowning2:

Should I tell her??? i think im gunna write a new letter

2. Abbra

If you are ready, then you should tell her. If you have accepted yourself and are mentally and physically ready to live outside the closet, then you might as well write her a letter. If it makes you more comfortable, give her the letter and then leave so the both of you can let it sink in for awhile.

3. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it is awesome that you want to come out to her because you want to talk about this stuff with her. Like Abbra said if you are ready to sounds like you have a good relationship with her and it might be good.

4. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know what you mean with being scared of a change. But coming from someone who just recently came out to her dad, I can almost guarantee that you will feel so much better and less caged in after you come out. As long as you are comfortable with coming out to her (i.e. you think she'll be fine and/or have a back up plan if she's not), then I'd go for it!

Hope I helped :slight_smile: interweb hug! (*hug*)