1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To be, or not to be, that is the question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lys145, Mar 6, 2007.

1. lys145

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok. The fact that I am bi has weighed on my mind alot lately as I have a terrible crush, or infatuation on a good friend of mine, as well as her ex boyfriend to a lesser degree.
    Now, I was thinking, is it worth telling my few friends in my last year of school? I don't want to screw up my marks and be miserable for the rest of the year, and then also it could be a good thing and get it off my mind.

Who wants to help me vote?

2. step49x

If you think you know how someone's going to react, I'd tell them. Even if you aren't entirely sure, I'd go ahead with it. It's really nice to be able to talk to other people about the thoughts you have going on in your head, no matter what they are.

My vote would be to find at least one person to tell. You don't have to tell the whole school, but it's nice to have one person to go and share all your thoughts with.

3. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To die, to sleep - it is never the answer, but I digress.

Proceed at your own speed. Do I think it's a good idea to tell your friend and her ex of your crush? Not really. Instead I would suggest confiding in one of them about who you are. From the reaction, especially your female friend's, you most likely can gauge whether anything more may be possible.

Staying in the closet can really weigh one down. You'd be surprised how relieving it can be telling just one person.