1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out... Now What?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayAndProudd, Nov 6, 2013.

1. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First Off, Hello I'm New To EmptyClosets :slight_smile:. Ok... So I'm 13, kinda young i know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But, i recently came out to my parent's specifically October 15th. It's all good i guess, they are kinda doubting it but coming to terms. Only problem is that most of my friends in school don't know. Sure, some of them do but not a lot of them know. Many times i've had friends come close to telling other people about my sexuality. So do you think i should tell them even if i think there homophobic?. Thanks for any replies i appreciate it :slight_smile:.

2. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EmptyClosets!

In the end, it really is up to you and how comfortable you are with yourself. If you feel like telling someone, tell them. If you don't, then don't. I tend not to volunteer the information to people that I think are homophobic because I don't want to put them on the spot to come up with a good way to respond, but I don't hide my sexuality and if asked I will answer honestly. Perhaps something along those lines could be beneficial to you?

3. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the respond, gosh people are fast hehe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I mean, now thinking if i tell some of my friends and they are really homophobic, i can just dis-continue the friendship with them. Because honestly i don't need negativity in my life right now. Plus, it shows who my true friends are.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would only tell people that matter to you. Not everyone has to know. Especially ones that gossip a lot or might take it the wrong way and physically assault you at some point.