1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling house mates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sw789, Nov 8, 2013.

1. sw789

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, so heres a bit of background of the situation i'm in right now.

I'm going to be moving away to university of September 2014. All being well, i will live in halls. But one thing i don't know is that should i come out to my flat mates? I don't want to be treated differently because of it. I'm planning on joining the lgbt society so I think i'd do it by telling them that i've joined not just like Hi i'm a lesbian (lol).

Another worrying thing is that I havent told my parents and to be honest i'm not planning to anytime soon. So, when they come to visit i'm scared someone will say something.

What do you guys think?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you feel the need to tell them? They are unlikely to come up and greet you saying "Hi I'm **** and I'm straight".

3. Silver Sparrow

Your college will usually have a roomate questionaire, so you probably won't get homophobic roommates. If you casually mention the fact that you have a LGBTQIA association meeting, then they will probably get some suspicions. Many college kids also "hook up", so you should probably have a plan if you or a roomie wants to bring someone home. Maybe they will be queer as well...