1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think my Friend Knows?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LongMayIReign, Nov 8, 2013.

1. LongMayIReign

Just so you know, if you watch Glee and haven't seen episode 5x04, there are spoilers about to follow.

So I was waiting in the hall with one of my close friends this morning before the bell rang for class. We were discussing last night's episode and I mentioned how there were so many lgbt references when Santana and Kurt were trying to name their band, and how the jokes were completely going over my mom's head. Even though I'm not out to any school friends, btw, I am known to be very open on the lgbt community, so it wasn't weird for us to be having such a discussion.

But then she brought up the scene in which Marley and Jake were making out and I commented without thought by saying, "Oh yes, Marley was just amaz-" And then I awkwardly tried to hide my smile and scuffed the floor.

When I looked up she was giving me a completely bizarre look and did a little laugh of disbelief. I awkwardly tried to divert from my comment. So yay me for being subtle! I'll probably come out to her officially in the next week or so because she's moving to Florida after Thanksgiving (her Dad's in the military.) And that was my day: possibly outing myself and failing at doing a poker face! XD

2. lovely lesbian

Well I don't watch glee but yea that is pretty subtle lol so has she said anything to you since? Or have you brought it up again?

3. LongMayIReign

Haven't talked to her since school on Friday (half-day) and we have Monday off for Veteran's day. I want to talk to her but my school has legitimately 200 kids in the entire high school, so I'm worried someone will slip, which would be a major problem because my sister is a junior and my best friend's mom (the one who I'm out to) is a teacher. We shall see ...

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think if you can trust her to not to say anything to anybody, you should be fine. Plus, it seems that she will be moving away anyways. Do you have mutual friends?

5. LongMayIReign

We hang with the same group of eight or so people. In our town everyone knows everyone, so essentially we're all 'mutual friends'.

I've decided to tell her Tuesday night through text as there's no logical time to say it face to face. Plus, doing so will corner me into coming out, as I'm really bad at vocalizing when I'm nervous (I texted my mom, wrote about for an English paper, and was directly asked by my best friend to which I blubbered a response)

6. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    side question: is she moving to Tampa by any chance? (MacDill Air Force base)

7. LongMayIReign

Fort Lauderdale, I believe