1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My OCD is keeping me in the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Nov 8, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to come out of the closet, but I can't. I keep on doubting my sexuality. I did come out as bisexual when I was younger, but calling myself bisexual feels wrong.

I kind of want to come out as a lesbian, but I'm not sure of myself. I know that people will ask me if I'm sure because I'm a femme. If I was butch I probably wouldn't have to worry
    about this.

I could be label free, but that would trap me in the closet as well. I could come out as "questioning", but I'm not really questioning. It's just my OCD.

I have no idea how relationships would work if I'm label free or closeted. I don't even have the courage to talk to people let alone ask someone on a date.

2. Twinkletoes81xx

Don't worry too much about labels, you will know in time. And when it comes to dating if you're both happy together that's all that really matters. If you feel that lesbian fits right, what people say about it isn't relevant because only you are able to truly be sure. I hope this helps a bit, hang in there. <3 xx

3. Silver Sparrow

I know it's hard, but try going without labels. And try not to worry about other peoples opinions.

4. TheUglyBarnacle

I have never come out by saying "I'm gay/lesbian." because I feel uncomfortable wi th the word lesbian (for gender reasons) and I didn't want to label myself as gay because it felt restrictive. I just told people that I like girls. I now do identify as gay (lesbian still doesn't ring very right) and I am much more confident in myself.
    What I mean by this is that you can come out in a way that does not involve labels if you feel that they make it harder. Eventually you will get more comfortable with yourself and worry less about it.