1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To My Mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nomen usoris, Nov 8, 2013.

1. nomen usoris

nomen usoris Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't know how to come out to my mother. I just want to be able to tell her that I'm a girl, I'm just trapped in a boy's body. My mother is a conservative Mormon. Just as quick background one day we were watching the ABCNews story about Jazz, who is a transgender child (If you haven't seem it look it up it's a wonderful story :3) and she said out loud "I swear, there has to something wrong with those people"

I'm stuck on what to do, should I come out to her? should I not? Perhaps I should come out to someone first, I really don't know. I've felt like this for so long it's been killing me not to just come out and finally be myself.

2. monotone

Are you financially reliant on her?

3. nomen usoris

nomen usoris Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ya, I'm still just 16 years old,

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to Empty Closest! Glad you have decided to join.

Given what you have mentioned, I would suggest that you start building up a support network before coming out to your mom. It sounds like that you are ready to come out and start walking on the path that will lead you to be your true self. Do you have a couple of friends whom you trust and could come out to?

Another thing you could look into, is trying to join a LGBT support group in your area, or at your school. A support group, and friends, can become an integral part of your support network on which you can rely on, and draw support from. Having that support network around you can make a big difference.

5. nomen usoris

nomen usoris Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, I have a friend who I'm sure I can come out to. I don't of any LGBT support groups near me, but I'm going to try to find one.

I think I'm finally ready to come out, finally I can become myself :slight_smile: Thanks again