1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could it be?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jayelle12, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Jayelle12

I have become close to a friend and we consider each other as best friends and my problem is that I like him. I'm 17 and he's 18 and were seniors in high school. I recently came out to a few people about being bi myself including him and everyone has been very supportive. He and I are always together in school and even outside of school.he usually comes over to my house and we just lay on my bed and watch movies or we go out to eat. Many people have asked him if he was gay or bi and he always laughs and says no. He and I are very touchy feely with each other, like we always hug for long times, we put our hands around each other even when were with my family, whenever I lay my leg over his he doesn't move or say anything. Also, we always joke around with people saying that we make out whenever he is at my house. He also tends to hug me without letting go if I get annoyed with him or with something he says. The biggest indicators is that whenever were together he likes to sit very close to me when there is so much room elsewhere and one time we were laying on my bed watching tv and he touched my d*** with his foot and I laughed and said "what are you doing?" And he just looked at me and smirked. We always act very affectionate when were alone and even sometimes at school. One time I asked him if he was gay or bi and he said "only with you bae". Also one time he asked me "hey, let me kiss you?" And I just laughed and he didn't say anythig else. He constantly gives me mixed signals about it and even my cousin asked if he was my boyfriend bc of the things he tells me when were together. Should I get over it or have hope?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like he does care for you as more than a friend, even if he does not understand or is ready to admit that this means he is gay or bi. When he said "only with you", he was either casually kidding, or he was telling you what you want to know, even if he isn't willing to label himself as gay in general. He will probably respond to any move you make if you make it in private and not too aggressively. It is up to you to decide if you are ready to try to take this relationship to a higher level. Are you? Because it wouldn't be nice to lead him on just to find out how he feels about you and then back away when you do.

Forget about trying to label yourself and him and just focus on how you feel about each other. Maybe he only wants to cuddle or be with you for now, but if you already have told people you make out whenever he is at your house, and he didn't freak out or disclaim it, that may be what he wants to do. You really need to TALK to him about what his interest in you is. I know that that isn't always the easiest thing to do, but it beats trying to clean up an awkward situation caused by guessing and assuming the wrong things and then having to backtrack and try to put Humpty Dumpty back together and up on the wall again.

3. Data

Data Guest

Agreed. I think he clearly likes you. What you have described is in my face screaming that he has feelings. Straight guys usually don't ask each other to kiss.

I bet he has a crush on you.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think that as long as you are fine with it, and like to go along for now, you can see if he does come out or becomes more open about his own feelings with you.

The only suggestion I would have at this point, is to make sure that you protect yourself, and that is by drawing your boundaries. I don't think it would be good if you would get into a situation where your hopes keep growing and he pulls back at the end, and says 'see ya later.' If he keeps giving you mixed signals, you do have to ask yourself at some point, 'what's better for me?'