1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CupcakeKisses, Nov 10, 2013.

1. CupcakeKisses

Since coming out to one of my college friends about a week ago, I have never been happier. I feel accepted and happy and just ready for the world. :slight_smile: I have even told a couple other people since then and they have been very accepting. But, even though I am super happy and I feel free, I just can't seem to shake this feeling. It's a weird feeling, really, and hard to explain. I have a fairly long story that I posted in my welcome message (I think it was titled "hey everyone!! :slight_smile:" if you want to check it out) The short story is that I have been married and I have children but I have always known I was a lesbian. Problem is now, I really want to tell my mom and other people I know who I'm not so sure will be as supportive as the other friends I've told. I have tried coming out to my mom and she disregarded the whole situation saying that because I have children, there is no way I could ever be with a woman. (which is why I got married to a man and had children.) I've tried to have a serious conversation with her 3 times over the past 6(ish)years and she either laughs it off or she gets mad and I hate making my mother mad. Should I wait to tell her until I start dating someone that is serious who I can see spending the rest of my life with? I mean, I'm not in a relationship right now and I'm not even sure how long it's going to take to start having a serious relationship with anyone because most people know me as a straight ally and that's usually how I'm introduced to new people of the LGBT community. I'm working on coming out to everyone but I needed to rant and maybe someone on here has some advice or maybe is in a similar situation that will help my feelings about coming out to my mom and other people who are not exactly supportive of people with children coming out.

Thanks for reading!

Lots of love!
    J

2. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there!

I've obviously never been in your situation, but here's the best advice I can offer you; Do tell her the truth, even if you are single. If she ignores it until you start seeing a woman, that's her choice. Admit to her that you don't want to make her angry, but you deserve to be happy too. If she tries to argue about the sake of your kids, you're showing them that it doesn't matter who you love, it's about being happy.

You can only do so much. Do what's best for you and your kids.

Best of luck!

Rae

3. CupcakeKisses