1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true that actions speaks louder than words?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolo sime, Jun 11, 2008.

1. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been crushing on my best friend for 7 years. She is the first girl crush I ever had. I didn’t understand it when I was young but now I do. I realized I am bi sexual and have feelings for my best friend Lara. When I came out to her and told her my feelings, she is fine with it but doesn’t feel the same way because she is sexual confused too. I have another best friend Mandy who hangs out with Lara and me. When I told Mandy that I like Lara and that her replys that she doesn’t like me in that way. Mandy said that Lara is in denial, she can tell that Lara likes me. Mandy notices that she flirts with me and leans on me and looks at me in a loving way. I thought that Lara was just a close person and nothing more because she told me she doesn’t like me. But Mandy believes that Lara has feelings for me but she is afraid to admit it. Lara says no but her body language says yes. How can I move on when Lara is in denial and just never stops her flirting with me?

2. Trumpetplyer23

Moving on is never easy. I move on by telling myself that it won't happen. You know the saying "You'll never forget your first love"? Well, I feel that saying applies to me. I'll tell you my story.

I met a girl named Rachel, smart, funny, nice, and hot. I thought she liked me back, after a few *BAD* decisions, she found out and got kind of freaked out. I tracked her down and apologized, a day after. She said that it was okay, it just kind of freaked her out, another girl liking her. We're pretty good friends and somedays she makes it hard, flirting with me without meaning to or knowing she is. However, I had to make a decision, keep lusting after her or just be her friend. I chose the latter.

My advice is you keep that avenue open, but don't close all the other ones down. At the height of my crush on Rachel, I still could look at hot guys and girls.

Best of luck!

3. Peridot

Well, flirt back.

If she really does like you then her feelings won't go away and she'll soon have to accept it.

I'm sorta in the same boat with another friend. I don't know if she likes me, but she likes to talk alot with me and stuff. And she says she's really confused on her sexuality.

Who knows? By next week, you both could be in a relationship.

hope that helps!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gonna respectfully disagree here.

You've let her know you're interested.
    She's told you she isn't.

Her actions may be interpreted one way or another. Could she? Maybe this means... Wow, you'd think that she'd... Gee, IDK.

Her words can be interpreted only one way. She doesn't want to get into a relationship with you. Maybe she's interested in the idea, maybe she's tempted, but feels it's not a good idea. For whatever reason, she doesn't want to go down that path.

Don't try dragging her down it.

Lex