1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Samus610

I am writting this paper for english and my mom is flipping out at me. I had to have my Task Management teacher calm her down. And she is calling me ungrateful and selfish. I'm not. You see yesterday for my birthday my mom, father and step-father gave me a new bike. Which I took for a ride and thanked them before I rode it and thanked them after. She is just making me feel bad about everything. I bought this watch from my school auction. It's not brand new, but it's in good shape. I got it for my boyfriend for his birthday. My mom thinks that it was impulsive and that I should have gotten him a keychain and get it ingraved because he will be driving soon. I thought this was a better idea because he doesn't have a watch. He lost his. I can't take this. She guilt trips me and makes me feel like trash and that everything I do is wrong and selfish. I just don't know what to do anymore.:tears::tears::tears::help::help::help:

2. BookWorm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    oh geeze, i know what you mean. if i were you i'd go and tell my mother to stop giving me all the crap that she does. It's not needed and you know how to take care of yourself. I think you're watch gift is a sweet idea, to get for your boyfriend when he can't find one. and i know how you probably don't want to have to defend yourself every minute of the day. If you have the money and the right connections, i would say that i would move out soon or when you turn 18 or live with a friend for a while, because i know how i don't like to dealwith that, and it might help your mother to get her own stuff straight. Just a thought

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well you can't control how your mother is but you can control how you react to her. I would simply say "Mom, I know my boyfriend better than anybody. I feel very happy with the choice I made for his present. I'm sure he'll love it!" and then leave it at that. If she keeps on talking, just don't say anything.