1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Touch of Pride

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robben, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just wanted to share a little gay pride and come out in the open to all of you.
    Gay men in parts of the country would have to sacrifice so much by acting like a token in a crowd that did not view homosexuality as normal. We have given ourselves so much opportunity for patience, tolerance, acceptance, and forgiveness (especially self forgiveness) In high school I was bullied for not acting manly enough, and I learned from the school of hard knocks that not every path worked for me. There are times when I reminisce about my peers and I acting like sissies, but I know that was amidst confusion and denial.
    Now is the time when the LGBT community can not only stand up, but reach out to others who may not have believed coming out in the open was the right thing to do.
    While the free love generation may not have really worked.
    In a self affirmation I am gay and I am beautiful. It is a healthy choice, and the right choice to let the same sex into my heart and fill me with abundance of playful, sensual, and sensitive beginnings.
    I thank God for all of my gay beginnings as I am just now starting to find out what works for me and what doesn't in my advance to a homosexuality that is intelligent and thoughtful.:icon_bigg