1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was I Wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tim, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Yes, yet another thread by me >_< I seem to get a lot of issues lately :confused: Just wish I could help others who post for help o.o;

So, after all the job drama, my friend who I'll call Sakura, was asked by one of her friends, who we'll call Rob, to find a girl for a double date (with Sakura and her bf), and Sakura said, well, you know what, he said he'd consider going out with a guy, and if she couldn't find a girl for him, and would I be interested. I said I'm sorry, but I'd rather not, as if he isn't sure of his sexuality, I wouldn't feel comfortable, plus, I'd rather not have my first date be with a guy who makes me uncomfortable to be around. She got mad, and removed me from myspace and blocked me.

Anyways, just looking for some input on this. Was I wrong to say no, or am I just missing something. I feel like a horrible friend now. >_< Another friend just posted a bulletin on myspace (Lol, why would you post it on myspace? :confused:) Asking for a girl for one of her boyfriends friends, which I found hilarious considering what just happened, (and how odd it happened right afterwards, in a period of a few days)

#1 Tim, Jun 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. SRSLYMARK

Honesty is never, ever incorrect. She's just being petty, and it will blow over, I can assure you. :slight_smile:

3. Nitro

no means no isn't just for sex and drugs - it can also be for dating. This Sakura seems to be over-reacting. Somehow I don't get the sense that there is much more to this situation. Stay in the right and this will likely blow itself away.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! You had every right to say no. It is your decision with whom you want to go out with, not your friend's. After all, you have to be comfortable with it.

5. Vampyrecat

I had this happen recently. It isn't fair to put this on you, and you have every right to say no if you don't want to go out with him.

You're not in the wrong.

6. Louise

I agree your friend is being petty, you don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable just to please someone else. If she can wipe you from myspace so quickly for such a silly reason then maybe 'friend' isn't the word you should be using for her.

Stick to your guns and do what feels right to you.

7. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sakura was rude. Maybe she has a crush on Rob.

8. Grantious

WOW over reaction much!!!!!!!!
    way don't blame yourself, personally i think she'll get over it.. pretty quickly too