1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be a male model ^-^

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RGX Guy, Jun 12, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

One of these days. Lol.
    I don't know how to go about it.

I'm going to wait until after I get my braces off to try to persue anything.

Maybe next summer. I'll be 16, too young?

Any suggestions?
    Do you think I could make it if some people think I'm cute or handsome but others think I'm not?

2. TyraBanksIsFierce

do you have pictures?

3. JSG

JSG Guest

I'd love to be a male model :grin:
    Walking in gorgeous clothes down the runway, or posing for magazines.
    *dreams*

4. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm afraid i dont have much advice for you but I totally would like to be a model. Back in hs ppl use to joke about me being a model. Never was sure what to make of that. I dont think I'm model pretty but i can wish.
    Some ppl seems to not like models so just coz a couple ppl dont think ur hot doesnt mean u cant model, however you shouldn't get your hopes up too high having said that. Do you think you're hot? Do most ppl think you're hot? Do you like to "show off" the way you look? You should really post some pics if u want more input. You should also check if u can legally model at that age. Here there has been some controversy about young girl modeling and i think there is now a lower age ban b4 you can model. A few member (claim to be) are involved in that area, so they might be able to offer more advice.

5. JSG

JSG Guest

Being 'hot' isn't always necessairy when modeling, I find some model very un-hot but they're still model worthy, yo know?
    Wiki:
    You can start by checking out Wikipedia there's some link that could interest you too.

My sister was supposed to be a model when she was (much) younger, but my dad couldn't be asked to take her to the interview or whatever, she was young and scared and her carrier ended before it even started =/

6. Beebo

You could do it. :kiss:

7. Grantious

Lol i've wanted to do that once..
    it was because some1 told me i should but I'm not going down that road. u hav 2 b pretty perfect

8. Antonio252

I been modeling since i was 14 but i do runway most of the time.

the only thing you need to is find an agent by going to casting calls.

9. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Um. Some days I'll be like "man you're hot stuff" and other days I think I look like crap. Lol.

I don't think I'll be stable enough to do it anytime soon.
    I'm trying to get all my priorities and stuff straightened out. =]

The past year or so I've become so wrapped up in my appearance that I've kinda lost touch with myself, whats really important, and the people around me.

Since I've been so focused on getting myself up to my standard (which I'm starting to think will be impossible to do because I noticed I expect perfection) which isn't healthy for my self-esteem and can hold me back a lot.

I was looking in the mirror and I started worrying myself about bags under my eyes. Just sitting there staring at the mirror thinking about how much I wanted them to go away. = | I've gotten so... pathetic its ridiculous. There are so many other things I should be worrying about which don't include stupid eye bags or a single pimple on my jaw or if my hair doesn't look as good on me as I want to.

Just petty stuff. I have a great life sure I'm not the hottest guy you've ever seen in your life but I'm not hideous and i'm healthy so I shouldn't nit pick myself about stupid things like that.

So I'm trying to become a little less self centered.
    When I find myself worrying about stuff that actually matters and become self confident at least 85% of the time then I'll persue modeling (if I'm even interested in it still) lol.

So yeah, thanks for reading this far. =]

10. sexyalex

make fun of! omg u have no idea....like...i am the laughing stick of all my friends. "OH juan ur nose is too big", "oh Juan ur hair is bad", "oh Juan ur forhead is too big", "Oh Juan ur too short", "Oh Juan ur too skinny", "oh Juan ur too black":dry:

We are both in the same boat. It's not just a dream for me ....more like a career goal to be a super model. I have been experamenting with a bit of everything, editorial, catalogue, runway etc. I was lucky enough to be in a few runway shows but it hasn't done me any good and being in Jamaica personally isn;t getting me anywhere. It's not what u do that mkaes u stand out it's how you do it and many doors are going to be shut into ur face but u have to keep trying and trying and trying over and over and over again.

My tip to u is first create a portfolio, take a couple photographs (dosn;t matter what kinda as long as it gives exact details of how u look) and if u could even have one group photo within those then that's a plus. Take ur portfolio and go out or call on some local agencies for assistance. Do this before the peek seasons, it's those times they usually do bookings like for now i know they are doing bookings for winter/spring collections. I beleive u have a greater edge over me (assuming u live in the states) and if you live in europe u have a wayy better chance than in the states cuz european modeling agencies are the ones who always have new faces.

Done worry dear child, don't dream it, make it a reality. and don't be like me, don't wait for a miracle, personally it's my goal but for now i feel like i am getting practiaclly no where. Get up, stand up and go after your dream.

"THAT'S HOW REAL MODELS DO IT!"(Tyra Banks; Top Model, Cycle 6) :thumbsup:

#10 sexyalex, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  11. Grantious

Hey

Don't stress too much, i think you're over thinking it a little, a lot of teenagers obsess about there appearance a little thats me included! especially if you're considering becoming a model! I think that'd be pretty much second nature
    and about the bags get some sleep ;-) or quit caffeine I've heard that can actually help.
    ey if you want to do it GO FOR IT

GOOD LUCK
    xoxo.