1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lesbian in a homophobic country

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lezbianez, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Lezbianez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So... I recently came out to some of my close family members and they were accepting, they were sad at first but they quickly came around. That's not really my problem, I live in a homophobic country and whenever I want to show affection to the girl I love, I have to be EXTRA cautious because not many people see it as a "normal" lifestyle. I cant pretend to be straight , its not who I am...I cant wait to leave this country and just finally be me. I know homophobic people are everywhere but I feel like I just need to get away. I don't want to hide who I am either. Has anyone been in the same position?

2. English Frenchman

Hello there!

Someone else who’s in my position as well! I too live in an extremely homophobic country. I mean, we’re probably on the same level here. The Beninese will burn homosexuals alive. I’m currently not in a relationship with a man and in some ways, it’s a blessing. I couldn’t just pretend I was straight and still be going out with a guy. It would be impossible. I can’t wait to leave here either. My only consolation is that I get to come onto this website every day and be myself for a short while. I don’t have to listen to my friends say that LGBT people are mentally retarded. I can come and be with intelligent, like-minded people.
    How much longer do you have where you are?

3. Lunarchy

Almost, I almost moved to Russia, and we all know how that would have ended!

Anyway, I recommend Sweden, or Canada. I can say with experience that both are very gay friendly places to live.

4. Lezbianez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thank you guys um I want to move when I am finish with university, I have 3 more years... I want to live in America. i know its not completely gay friendly but its better than here I guess.

5. Rainbow Music

Where do you currently live, if you don't mind me asking?

6. lovely lesbian

That is really sad the place where you live doesn't expect you