1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think they know.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justjade, Nov 17, 2013.

1. justjade

This is kind of weird. I was talking to one of my coworkers today, and he said he heard something about my girlfriend. I don't have a girlfriend, so I'm not sure what he heard. But anyway, I told him that I don't like girls because they have cooties (joking, of course). He said that meant I had cooties, too, and then I informed him that being female doesn't make me a girl. He told the manager on duty what I said because I guess he thought it was weird (but honestly, who wouldn't?) and she told him, "Jade's a man trapped in a woman's body." Then I got to hit him with the "I told you so".

But it's a little weird. I mean, I'm happy to be recognized for what I am, but I'm nervous. I'm not even sure why. It's just odd to think that maybe people actually do just see it. On my birthday, I used to men's changing room when trying on clothes and I didn't get flagged down by security, so I guess I must be doing something right, be it in gender expression or ninja skills.

Anyway, I'm just not sure what to think. It's good that I'm being recognized, again, but it's also scary. But what I'm wondering is why. I feel like I'm so close, and it kind of scares me in a way that it doesn't scare me enough, I don't think, if that makes any sense. Anyway, this is just kind of a rant, but so far, I like this approach to coming out, although I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

Also, said coworker didn't treat me all weird afterward.