1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out but I cant!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by misseuphoria, Nov 18, 2013.

1. misseuphoria

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello people
    dont want to start a pity party but I am going through real life issues as well.
    I want to come out but I am afraid for my life. Sometimes I think because I am a musician that my media associates will try to harm me when they finally know that I am transgender. I conflict with myself because of others, I know that alot of people will be ignorant but in the urban community I live in the violence and crime is ridiculous. I am slowly transitioning and most of the time I wear my feminine clothing over my baggy clothing and I feel a little joy,who knows if I will continue because I dont want to slip up and expose myself. It will take a while before I accept myself I guess. I dont know if its fully possible for me to come out and be safe while doing it.
    1. My dad is a pretty dangerous person(I hate him)
    2. Comes to find out my media associates(at my job) are antigay.

I dont know what to do I see myself being the sweet kind woman I dream about but on the other side I see myself being stuck in a hardplace while doing so.

2. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey friend
    I understand, to a level. I can't come out right now either, in fear of being denied my high school degree, and being kicked out of school. But I know I will as soon as I graduate. I'm afraid of telling my dad too--he's said some pretty homophobic stuff before--and we have a terrible relationship already.
    What do you do, for a job? Maybe you can find a new workplace where you'd feel more comfortable.
    As for your community, my only suggestion is to move, which I know isn't that easy. If you can't relocate, just be extra-careful where you are what you're doing, i.e. lock your doors when you're home, don't walk alone at night, etc.
    Don't worry about your dad. Unless you're living at home or depending on financial assistance from your family, he can't hurt you.
    Be the woman you want to be. ((Your about says genderqueer, but I take it you're MTF?)) No one is stopping you but yourself. Ignore all those self-conscious thoughts and wear what makes you feel beautiful, because you are . Even if something seems insane, absurd, even unreachable, if it gets you closer to the person you want to be, do it, and do it with passion. Wake up loving yourself and go to bed every night feeling even better. You can be the sweet, kind woman you dream about. Good luck!