1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom forced me out, help?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DukeCarp, Nov 18, 2013.

1. DukeCarp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A few months ago my mom kicked me out. Today she agreed to let me move back. Well we were driving home, when she saw my pride wristband. I thought it was covered by my sweater. Then she essentially said im so ashamed etc. Now shes pissed and trying to hide it, but i dont know what do. Also she said i didnt tell her because i know its wrong. And i didnt tell her because i didnt want her to overeeact. Help?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, for starters, get it clear in your head what YOU think about the situation. Arguing with a homophobe is hard enough, you don't want your argument to falter and give her chance to pull you down!

Frankly, you could just say that the reason you didn't tell her was because you were worried she was going to act EXACTLY as she has done. I mean what more proof do you need?

3. DukeCarp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg thank you :lol:

4. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If your mom kicked you out, then you must love her and/or your family a lot to want to move back in. So for her to blow up like that must suck. What I'd do is give her some space and time. Everyone needs time to come to terms with homosexuality in their own fashion. If she's still being awful about it in a month, then you can confront her about it.

Worst case scenario, she already kicked you out once and you survived. You could do it again.

INTERWEBS HUG PCHOOOOO (*hug*)

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't thank me yet, it's got to work first xD If it doesn't I'm sure we can think of something else...although it might involve an 'unfortunate accident'

6. Lindsey23

I think you should find a way to move back out. Find roomates to share the expense of an apartment. It's unhealthy for you to live with someone who is so against you. It will take her time to accept you and you don't need her bringing you down while she's going through that process.

7. HisMom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How old are you? Can you live with someone else's family? Do you have a friend whose family would take you in? This is a really traumatic way to leave home. I'm so sorry. Sending love and light and hugs.

8. DukeCarp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im 17. I was staying with my bf while i was kicked out. But being within the first 6 months of dating, it kinda strained it cuz were not ready for living together yet. Were still dating although i dont think i can move back so soon. My aunt might let me though.

9. lovely lesbian

Well that sucks and I'm sorry how old are you? Maybe like the others have said you could move out because you don't want to live someone who doesn't support you and when you come out you need that support system hope you mange to work it out.

10. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The notion that it is OK or even legal to "kick a minor out" of their home is hard for me to swallow. You have legal rights and can seek help from child protection services if necessary, so don't feel totally without resources in that regard. Of course, living with an understanding family member or friend is a better alternative if you can make that work.

That said, it is sometimes better to "tone it down" once you have made the point that you are gay and give the parent some time to get used to it, and not do things which will cause YOU tension and problems. You can wear the jewelry when you are outside the house and in the company of your supportive friends, instead of when you know it will only cause confrontations. She KNOWS you are gay, doesn't like that reality, and wants to argue against reality pointlessly, so don't feed the fire to your own disadvantage. You will soon be of legal age and may no longer be able to rely upon your rights as a child, so be planning ahead what you intend to do when you cross that line and become a legal adult, "just in case" you can't work things out with your homophobic parent.