1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Stuff

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ccdd, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I'm just feeling really bad at the moment. At the moment I'm rather drunk after a night out with friends, although, of course, during it all I was very straight, as even though I am out to some people in everyday life I'm basically not. But I don't believe I'll ever be out, as, in fact, half the time I don't believe I'm gay. But I have just had a big disagreement with some of friends which is why I've been a tad absent, and whilst things seem to be calming down I don't understand why people can't just get along. I tried to talk to my parents generally about how I'd been feeling (not about being gay), but they weren't really hearing any of it. Yeah, that's about it.

I'm sorry if this seems strange coming from me but we're all fallible and I've had a really, really, bad week. And I just need a best friend that I'm not in love with, or something like that.

2. I'm sorry you've had a bad week =[. But you can lean on us =D. While the confusion about who you are seems overwhelming, it will subside. Same with being out, you will be. It doesn't have to be tomorrow, next week, or even in 5 years. But you will be. You will find out who you are, don't despair. (*hug*)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi ccdd! I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad week. We all need help from time to time and someone that will listen to us. It is alright if you are not out to everyone. If it is any help, I'm pretty sure that I won't be out to all people I know either. Often we act the way it makes us comfortable around others and only later realize that it is not us, and often we get confusing thoughts and/or feelings. Go with whatever you are feeling comfortable with. There is no rush in defining yourself. Take your time.

As much as we like for everyone to get along, it happens that even best friends or very good friends have disagreements and will not get along at times. There is nothing we can do about it. This is just in our nature to have disagreements. I'm sure that whatever disagreements that you had with your friends will blow over and it will be soon forgotten.

I guess parents are parents. Sometimes, they want know things about us and sometimes they just don't (if that makes any sense). Maybe you could try talking to them over the weekend or sometimes during next week again. I think you should let them know how you are feeling.

Try not to think too much about the bad week. I'm sure you will have a better week ahead.

I know there is not a lot of advice in here but I hope that it helps at least a little bit. If ever want to talk feel free to pm me anytime.

4. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey!!! I'm so sorry your feeling so bad, seriously if there is anything I can do just ask, and why on earth would you be sorry for anything? You have provided so much amazing support to all of us of course we want to help in any way possible. It's fine to need support, that's what we are all here for, the bad days where everything feels rubbish and you just need people to help and understand.

I wish I could be of more help, only thing I do want to say is be true to yourself. Listen to your feelings, don't try to lock them away and I'm sure it will all eventually become clear. Oh, and people are funny creatures, we already figured that out!! If only they were simple.. but oh well, there isn't much we can do about that except try and see the positive or amusing side to life and the people we live with/around!

Anyway, if there is anything.. I will try my best to help :slight_smile:
    *hugs* and good luck with it all!

5. MeskElil

Oh, ccdd, I'm so sorry that you had a bad week.
    It's stressful. Trust me, I know. The uncertainty is normal. Especially since you're bisexual, it can be very confusing (I believed I was bi for a while, so I know how it can be.)
    But the trick is to just follow your heart (cheesy, I know) and just go where your heart tells you to.
    If you like a guy? That's fine. He must be really special. And the same goes for a girl.
    Just never doubt yourself. And remember that we don't love genders, we love people.
    There are hard times and good times. The thing is that you have people you can lean on, whether it be your friends at home or us. Remember that we're always here (and my PM box is ALWAYS open.) And we're here to help you through things.
    I'm sorry things are going badly for you. But just remember that through all this, you're not alone.
    (&&&)
    And PM me if you need it...I'm on here about three or four times a day, at least.

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey guys, thanks. I've just been having a bad week but I'm feeling quite a bit better now! Things have begun to settle with my friends so hopefully it'll be business as usual and I'll be back on here in a bit :slight_smile: