1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend's dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zūn Jìng, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Ok, I know I have not been on in awhile but anyways. My friends dad (I went over to his house about 3 times a week and spent the night at one of the times.) won't lemme go over to his house anymore. I've gone over there ever since I've known I was gay and when I did spent the night I always slept in a different room and bed. So this summer (3 weeks into.) all I have done is sit at home and play XBox all day everyday. Which sort of sucks. I can't think of what to do other than that. So right now I have absolutely 0 social life. Any ideas on hobbies to pick up and what to say to try and convince his dad to let me back to his house?

-Dan:tears:

2. RobbIsFlyyy

I'm not so sure that I understand this, fully.

3. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

My bad. What I meant was he won't let me go over to his house anymore since his dad found out I was gay. My friends alright with it but his dad is just like:bang:...

-Dan!

EDIT: About the first post I meant went over to my friends house not his dad's house but they are the same house. 2nd."When I did spent the night." I meant one out of those three timesI went over I spent the night.

#3 Zūn Jìng, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you not organise to go out somewhere with your friend? You don't necessarily have to go to his house every time you see him, and you don't have to see his dad at all then. Your friend wouldn't even have to tell him he is seeing you.

5. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Probably I'll try that later. Thanks!
    I can't do it today cause I have to have some stupid surgery on my mouth for braces today T.T

6. RobbIsFlyyy

Yes, this would seem the appropriate thing to do.
    :]
    Makes perfect sense to me.

7. Louise

Another alternative is for your friend to come to your house, not necessarily for a sleep over but just to hang out.

Have you thought of talking to your mum about this situation, maybe she could talk to your friend's dad and help him to see how silly and unfair he is being.

As for your friend lying or not telling the whole truth to his dad, although it might make your lives easier, I cannot advocate it because the day your friend's dad finds out then he will lose all confidence in his son and possibly make his life a living hell.

Your friend could tell his dad that he is going to yours and that your mum will be there or that you are going to the skate park, or wherever it is you like to hang out and that there are loads of people about.

Your friend's dad is obviously scared that you will 'turn' his little boy or try to seduce him. Your friend needs to tell his dad clearly that he isn't gay (if this is the case) and that you are just his friend and that you never have and never will try anything 'funny' with him.

Hope you manage to sort things out.

8. -Michael-

What about your friends mother maybe she could talk sense into hr husband? Get your friend to talk to her maybe:slight_smile:

Other friends aswell? haha surely ou have more than one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Yea. That friends dad is divorced but most other parents think the same:-/ The 4 that are OK with it 3 are on vacation and not sure bout the other one.

10. Jebs

I agree with Louise, lying is not the answer. The father here is being irrational. Since you are a young age and he is already acting unreasonable, I am just going to guess that he won't listent o anything you say. I'd say talk to your parents, maybe they can talk some sense into him.