1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as Asexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lydskili, Nov 24, 2013.

1. lydskili

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I'm new here:smilewave

I am a panromantic asexual. I am romantically attracted to anyone, but not sexually.

I've been keeping my sexuality hidden for a while now, and I don't want to hide anymore. I will tell my parents when I've moved out the house as they are very traditional and won't approve of my sexuality. They won't even accept my diagnosis of Asperger's:bang:

I need to tell someone, and I was thinking of telling my college teacher. He's a really good guy and is always helping me about my problems and checking if I am okay. (Autism, Depression, psychosis and self harm). He's very supportive, and the best teacher I've ever had.

Also I want to tell my boyfriend. I kept dropping hints and he doesn't seem to get it. I do have sex with him but it doesn't excite me at all and it feels like something I have to do... :eusa_doh: I still love him like hell(*hug*)

How do I even bring it up?:help:

2. Silver Sparrow

You could try writing a letter or notes for what you want to say.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! You have come to the right place. :slight_smile:

If you feel that your college teacher would be a good person to speak with and come out to, then maybe try speaking with him. Does your college have counseling services? If it does, it might be worthwhile to speak with a counselor about things as that might give you some insights into how you could proceed.

Do you feel your boyfriend would be understanding of how you feel? (*hug*)