1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tommrow is my day......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oneday004, Nov 24, 2013.

1. oneday004

My significant other and my self both have the day off tomorrow. I have chosen this day to tell her that I am gay. The relationship has been on a downturn for a number of years, and we havent had sex for over ten. I am not happy emotionally, and think it is best that I come clean with her, so we can make decisions about our future. There some bad things in the past that may make this harder than normal for me, In that she has asked me on 3 occasions in the past if I was gay. Unfortunately I could not tell her because I was not at terms with myself, and I could not stand to see her hurt that much. I cannot stand to hide any more and need to move on. Tomorrow I will let a big rock of my chest and will be able to move forward.
    I ask god for the strength to do this as I am really scared of this day, but know moving forward that it will be the best. for us both. Please ... Ill take any advice or past experiences as a guide to help me through this.

(*hug*) for all

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It takes a lot of courage to accept yourself and to come out, knowing that it will change things forever. But being ready to begin the conversation with your partner will give the both of you a chance to begin living your lives to the fullest. The conversation will make the both you stronger in the long run.

It is okay, and quite normal, if you could not come out on prior occasions. Being ready to come out, shows how far you have come in accepting yourself. It is scary but you will be able to get through tomorrow. Things will fall in place, and they usually have a way of working out. The possibility of her continuing to be your best friend are there.

Let us know how it all turns out. (*hug*)