1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need some advice or motivation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by decadus, Nov 25, 2013.

1. decadus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So i've never signed up for a forum or anything and this is my first post. I figured since I've been looking up other answers to similar problems I might as well just ask my own questions. I recently found out about myself that I like guys, I guess I always knew but just tried not to think about it. I am now at a point in my life where I feel I can't move forward without telling everyone. I told one of my closest friends who lives about two hours away through text and he was supportive. Then when he came to visit he tried to talk to me about it face to face and i kinda denied it because i was afraid he'd tell someone else :bang: . I'd say the biggest thing stopping me from telling everyone is that I'm in a stoner/thrash/metal band whose members have already been relatively local-famous for their previous band. I'm afraid I'll either be the only gay metal musician ever or I'll be kicked out of the band.

if you read this thank you:icon_bigg

2. Tyrael

Hello there and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

You'll find lots of help and support here that's for sure. It's good that you have at least came to terms with your attraction to guys to yourself. It's hard to tell someone, I am in the same position myself. It's true that the metal scene isn't exactly open to gay guys, even if it is a male dominated scene. That does not at all mean that you won't be accepted by your band members, there's no real reason to expect that they would reject you. You're most certainly not the only one though, that's a certainty.

Worst case scenario they do try to kick you out of the band, then they weren't worthy of your friendship.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. decadus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    yeah haha its weird how a music scene that consists of so many men is so hateful to gay people, and yeah I've been looking on here seeing im not the only one is a good feeling.

thanks for that article Biwinning I really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Accepting yourself, and starting to come out, and being yourself around others, is pretty awesome. Well done! Glad to read that your friend is supportive.

It is okay if you withdraw a bit, and couldn't speak with your friend about it. As you become more comfortable, the fear of somebody telling somebody else will subside, and you will reach a point where you won't even care anymore.

Take your time in coming out. As you continue to come out, being yourself, and being part of a metal band, you could become an inspiration to others. Something tells me you can do this! :slight_smile: