1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm torn.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Taters, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Taters

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I've recently become great friends with this girl. We'll call her S.
    Anyways, I'm not out to anybody in my school. Some people suspect.. Sometimes. I just shrug their questions away like it's no big deal. I must be a great actor or something, because so far, nobody's noticed my instant panic when I get asked about my sexuality.

I feel like S is developing a crush on me. I feel all snobby and arrogant for thinking that, but I honestly believe she is. We share many interests and often hang out after school to draw. She's recently been asking to meet me some place very often and never fails to strike up a conversation every time we meet.
    She even threatened to kiss me one time if I didn't stop bugging her.
    Um..?
    I have lots of lady friends, and none of them have ever said anything like that.
    There are many other things that make me wonder, but I won't get into them. You can probably guess them anyways.

However, I have another friend, P, who I've known for much longer and have a stronger connection with. I'm pretty sure there is no better friendship than ours. Like.. 93% sure.
    You get the picture.

So anyways, who do I come out to first? I feel ready.. Almost? I think?
    I don't want to make a big deal of this, really, but I really can't decide.
    Do I tell S first, to let her down sooner and less painfully, to keep her from chasing the rainbow? Or P, my best friend who I feel should know this kinda important detail about me?

I've been debating for weeks. Halp plz. :eusa_doh:

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Easy answer: Come out to P first and S second. P can help you deal with S if she doesn't get the message and stop chasing the rainbow.

PS P&S probably both have a clue if you are getting asked about your sexuality.

3. Taters

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ah, putting it that way, it is an easy answer. Thanks. :icon_bigg

I feel kinda silly now, hah.