1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ugh] pushed back into the closet [best friend]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by interstella, Jun 15, 2008.

1. interstella

Ok so basically my best friend (who I was out to) came over today and eventually we got onto the subject of girlfriends. He asked me if I liked any girls at school and I was like "umm... I've already told you that I'm gay" and he was like "omfg, you're an f-ing faggot? eww, that's f-ing disgusting!!!!!!" He left soon afterwards and I'm worried that he's going to tell his (VERY religious and homophobic) parents :frowning2:

And the worst part is that he's not talking to me. AT ALL. I tried MSN, I tried Facebook, I tried calling, texting, email, you name it. He's blocking me. Which is just great.

:tantrum::bang::tears::tantrum::bang::tears:
    Hadi
    PS: I guess I'm going to have to change my Out Status now.

2. Alexander

:kiss: sorry about that. :frowning2:

you need to talk to him though. in person, alone. And soon. bring pflag papers :slight_smile:

3. Hoppip

I'm sorry. Did he just forget or think you were kidding?

:hug:

It'll get better. He doesn't seem like that good a friend to me.

<3

4. MeskElil

Oh, I'm so sorry that happened...it's sad when people just don't understand.
    You know, if he can't accept you for who you are, I don't think he's worth keeping as a friend. Because there are plenty of other people out there who will say, "Oh, you're gay? That's just fine with me." So don't push yourself back in the closet just because of what one guy said.
    I'm sorry it didn't go well. (*hug*) Remember that we're always here for you.
    I think if he matters that much to you, you should talk to him about it. Yes, in person. Give him pamphlets and say, "Listen, just READ them. PLEASE." And know that it might not work, but it's worth a try.
    Good luck...

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry that this happened to you. As the above poster suggested, maybe you have to re-evaluate your friendship with him. For some it can take a while to accept it or come around to it but he had no reason to insult you given that you have already mentioned your feelings to him.

You have tried to contact him. That's all you can really do. It is hard to lose a best friend, but maybe it is for the best. A best friend, should be able to accept you for who you are. If he can't do that, then maybe he is not worth being your best friend.

6. Chamber of Life

I'm sorry about that. Your friend seems strange, I dont think he forgot, you dont forget stuff like that. Your friend is crazy and you dont need a friend like that in your life. He's a ass.

7. Poring

yeah lol, how can your friend forget that you're gay?
    Maybe he didn't take it seriously, but really..

In any case, I say see what see does in the following days, and if he's still an ass to you, just forget about him :frowning2:

8. interstella

well, i saw him at school today... he ignored me :frowning2:
    and to top it all off, he was making F--ING gay jokes ALL DAY!!!!!!!! :tears:

woohoo

9. Poring

you should go up to him, and slap him! ;D

10. interstella

^^ I should, lol.