1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out advise?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Caillin, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Caillin

I want to come out as FtM soon to my family ive already started wearing males clothes and i think am looking a bit male to my eyes but probably not others lol. Ive already told my mom but i want to come out to my whole family, and i even chose my name i want to go as but how would i tell everyone? is it better to tell people all together or seperately? would it be ok if my mom told my family members that dont live with me or would that be rude? how do i ask them to call me by the name i chose as well? Any other advise would be greatly appreciated. Should I also tell them im A gay FtM (meaning i like men) in the mix or let them figure it out themselves? Also i think most of my family is accepting of those things but im just scared to tell them.

2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have all the answers, but I think it would be fine to let your mum tell some people as long as she doesn't mind. That way she can ask them to start calling you 'he' and by your new name.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It's fantastic that you have started the process of being yourself, and want to come out to others. It sounds like that you are getting to the point where you feel ready. Feeling scared is pretty normal. Is there a family member that you could come out to first?

It might be a good idea for you to start coming out to one person at a time. Coming out to one person at a time, will give you the chance to become (perhaps) more comfortable with yourself, but also with the idea of being out.

You could start by coming out as FtM, and when they ask about your sexual orientation, then you could state that you like guys. I would suggest that you take it step by step.