1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out , but i think i'm sneaking back to the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rayan, Nov 28, 2013.

1. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi all , i don't know if the title fits what i'm talking about or not , but some how it's related .
    My life is a bit messy , so there r few things to know about me at first .
    I'm half American half Lebanese , I've lived most of my life in the middle-east between different countries .
    I came out as a gay few weeks ago and my family kicked me out .
    So here's the thing , few days ago my dad (biological one ) contact me , i haven't heard about him since i was 3 when he left us (as my mum told me ) , anyway we talked about 3 times so far , BUT i haven't told him that i'm gay YET.
    I didn't want to tell him right away that i'm gay , so i waited until we get to know each other a little bit . We talk online as we live in different countries … I was planing to tell him i'm gay in the last call which was this morning but i didn't .

I don't think i'm afraid to tell him , but i guess the thing is : i have no idea how to tell him that online , how do i bring it on or how to start the conversation . And at the same time i'm a little bit concerned about how would he react , i don't want to lose the chance to get to know him as it seems like we r getting along very well .

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I personally think you should tell him that you have something to tell him and that will be your cue to come out to him. He loves you and he wants you to be happy.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He is soon bound to ask "...so do you have a girlfriend?" or "..is there someone special in your life?"

That's the cue to either tell him... or duck and dive and avoid the question.

You are still quite young so you can still get away with "..nobody special at the moment"

I personally wouldn't force it if it risks this 'tenuous' (delicate) link with your bio dad.

And it could wait till you are in the same room together, somewhere some time?

just my thoughts... Others will say "tell now, tell now .." but I hesitate in case it damages this early new relationship...

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to agree with waiting to see how this relationship develops, you're building something new here, no need to shake the foundations just yet. It's a path of discovery for both of you!

5. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanx guys :slight_smile:
    i think i'm going to wait before telling him , at least till a bond is formed between us :grin:

He already asked , and i thought about telling him , but instead i said that i have no time to get involved in any relationship :icon_wink