1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jamestaylor, Dec 2, 2013.

1. jamestaylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey,

I've known that I'm bisexual for probably a year now. I have recently been thinking about coming out, but am just not sure when to do it. *Everybody* at my school thinks that I'm gay (and no, I'm bisexual) but I haven't told them anything. There is literally *no one* in our school that is lgbt and I have a fair few people who insult me thinking that I'm gay (just the usual schoolboy humor, drawing cocks over my school books and writing "[name] is gay" over toilet walls etc. I'm 13 nearly 14, so that's UK Year 9 and 8th grade america I think? I wouldn't know who to come out to first as I do *not* have a very supportive family and I have like 2 friends at school. I'm moving schools next July so maybe that would be a good time (like on the last day or something) because I *really* want to have come out by the time I'm at my new school (Sep 14).

Any suggestions?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like people already know or assume you are gay, so why bother to come out right now. Stick to your plan, and come out as bisexual over the summer, so your new school friends can pick you from the start, or avoid you if they have hangups about you being gay. As for the bathroom graffiti, buy a Sharpie, pick the worst of the people picking on you, and write "(His name) sucks (Your name)'s cock" on the bathroom walls. The fact that people think you are gay makes it all the more believable. They might drop the idea of writing stuff on the walls when they find out it works both ways; bullies are like that.

3. Gingerblond93

I agree this is good advise. Don't come out until you move next summer, then you have a brand new start as begin bi-sexual so everyone knows and most likely will accept you for who you are. Perhaps you will even meet other bi and gay boys. And I like the suggestion to get back at the bullies by writing their name so its worded that they suck your cock. LOL (!)

4. jamestaylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I'll do that then, thanks :slight_smile: