1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayTeen, Dec 2, 2013.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom accepts me for who I am. She assures me that the rest of my family will too. She really wants to share my orientation with my family. What benefits would that have for us?

2. ThnksFrThMmrs

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's the benefit of being able to be more of yourself around your family, not having to hide any part of you. You could bring boyfriends and such around without having to worry about them finding out anything, cause they'd already know. And, you could add to your support system.
    Those probably aren't the best benefits and I know there are more, I just can't think of any right now.

3. Gingerblond93

I agree, the best benefit is you can completely be yourself and not have to hide from anybody. You dont need to worry about family asking you if you have a GF or if there are any girls you like. So it will be a big benefit not to have to deal with any of that stuff. Also, you can bring BF's home and not have to hide it. Overall you can be who you are with no stress or questions or hiding.