1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ashley123, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Ashley123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, firstly i'd like to say hello to everyone as i'm new to the forum. I am 18 years old and I've known i'm bisexual for 4 years and never told anyone. however, today in college I finally decided that I could not keep my sexuality secret anymore and I told one of my best friends. As I imagined she was 100% fine with it and is very supportive and understanding, she could see how difficult it was for me to tell her and gave me a big hug for reassurance that nothing would change. I feel better now that someone else knows but she promised to keep it to herself as i'm worried that my other friends will not be as understanding and our friendship could be damaged if I was to tell them. I haven't told my mum or any other family members as they have different opinions on same sex relationships. I have only ever been in 1 serious relationship when I was 15 with a boy. this was about the time I was realising I was bisexual as I began to develop feelings for females. I really don't know what to do now that I've told one of my friends, should I tell the rest of my friends and family or just keep it to myself to keep the peace? help!