1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out stories

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, here is the story I've been bi for all my life but accepted it for two years and now I want to come out. There is a part of me who is screaming to come out and it's crazy. Personally I feel like coming out is like Russian roulette where it's like if you come out you either have your life ruined or you stay the same. But I want to come out and for me I'll come out when someone ask me or if I just do it myself. But the problem is when and how to come out so can you please tell me about your experience, how it went, how you did it, etc.

2. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Right now I'm pulling my hairs trying to figure out who is gay, I'm so desperate and want to come out. I love being attracted to boys but it's just too much and I want to come out. But how, when?

3. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First two times i've come out the people almost took the words from my mouth, they kinda brought me out of the closet.
    First was my therapist, and that was hard as i hadn't even admitted to myself yet. Then another friend who realized something was different when the topic *guys* came on. i felt very uncomfortable. but then as i started to think of ways of coming out i felt better.
    First what u can do is to think of who you would feel more comfortable talking about it, and who will take it easy and be supportive to u. then (after taking a deep breath and taking one step forward) tell them: hey there's something very important i need to tell but i don't know what to do with this situation, and i'd be happy if i could count on u with that. and then u tell them.
    Taking the first step is the hardest part, but then u become more self confident about it to do it again. just don't rush. do it at your pace.

was it of any help? :slight_smile:

4. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, confidence, but when?

5. RockOrRoll

I came out to my World Geography A class. Here's the story:
    We were presenting Latin American projects. I had to do a 16 fact presentation on Argentina. As a slide I used LGBT in Argentina as a theme. The background was a rainbow flag, and there were LGBT pics an banners. After I presented, my teacher said, "Why did you do a slide on LGBT?" I just responded with, "I'm gay." The teacher and the students are all very supportive. It was awesome and I am now considering coming out to family.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still working on it, but I'm now out to a total of four friends, my parents, and my sister. Generally it was the whole planned spiel "so this is something that I've known about myself for a long time and I'm finally at a point where I'm comfortable enough to say it: I'm bi." Not particularly interesting but it worked.

7. phoebe

i am a stereotypical lesbian. so they actually thought i was gay from 12 i was wearing those flammal shirts and all that from an early age. so when i came out to my best friend (we are both 13 in year 8) she wasn't surprised in fact she replied with "i am not blind"