1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love being a bisexual but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Michael07, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Michael07

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's already been a long time since I knew that I am a bisexual but I have always denied it. I think it's because of the religious background that I have. I am a Christian and I am one of the leaders in our church. Our church had a stand that one must be straight not through forcing one to become one but by the enabling grace to become one.

Anyway, it's really been a hard time lately because I had finally accepted that I'm a bisexual. and what makes it more complicated is that I am in love (but that's another story ::lol: )

What bothers me are these things:
    (1) I love my church. Even for the fact that they have a stand against LGBTs, our church has really taught me so much in life. it has taught me to become better (in some ways). and claiming that I am a bisexual is like saying I don't want to be here in this church and I don't want that. :tears: The people at church are very precious to me. I told two people at church though that I am a bisexual. One is okay with it (He's the one I am in love with :icon_wink ) and the other one said otherwise.

(2) I will most likely lose friends. Pretty much a reiteration of my first one. Most of my friends are from church. They most likely have the same stand. The reason why I love them so much is because they have prevented me from taking my own life. without them, I would have been dead already.

(3) My Parents. I don't know if they're really against it. My mom supports me in everything but there were times when we talked about me being gay and it felt that she doesn't support it.

I feel really comfortable being bisexual but I am afraid to make sacrifices. They are really so precious to me. Many look up to me even (at church). and yeah, I love being a Christian also. there are just things that they stand for that I don't want to stand for.

2. loriam

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel for you. I have held back on coming out for years because of church
    Teachings. But there are other Christians out there who are supportive.
    I recently found out that some of my friends had my bisexuality figured
    Out a long time ago... & they are encouraging me to be who I am
    And come out this next year. But it still feels dangerous, some of my
    Family and friends will Not take the situation well.

I will support you in prayer my friend! God loves you no matter
    What people may say to you!

3. biggayguy

I feel for you. Church folks are like family. Yet I couldn't stay in a place where my family (literally) believe I'm going to a place of torment just for being me. You have to be honest with yourself, your parents, your aunts and uncles, your cousins and most of all God.