1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad and Heartbroken

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TotallyConfused, Dec 4, 2013.

1. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This isn't really an encouraging story...:confused:

A few weeks ago, i came out to one of my closest friend, we've known each other for a few years now (she's a girl). We were charting one night and I decided to tell her...And so she got it in and just ignored it. A week later, another friend sent me a message telling me she's been spreading it over. She completely broke my heart, i thought she would take it seriously, but turned out not. The good thing is that my friend seems to treat it as a joke, didn't really take it in.

Was it the right thing to do to cut her off? I didn't sent her a message since then :icon_sad: ,there goes a friendship.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well its a fairly massive breach of trust...I certainly wouldn't be happy about it. Might be worth telling her how upset it's made you, although if she doesn't apologise it might make you feel worse so I don't know...

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She does not deserve your friendship, and she wasn't really your friend if she would betray your trust for the cheap thrill of telling your secret as gossip. But, maybe it is time to consider coming out seriously, now that the closet door has been pried open. Then, people can't hurt you by calling you what you have already identified yourself as.